Print this page

Family Reunification

The ORAC is responsible for the investigation of applications from persons granted refugee status (and to whom a declaration is in force), who subsequently seek permission for a family member to enter and reside in the State.

Applications for family reunification must be made to the Minister for Justice and Equality and are subsequently referred to the ORAC.

A questionnaire, requesting the provision of information in respect of the family members concerned, is issued to applicants for completion. Consideration is given to the facts provided by the applicant, and a report is compiled and forwarded to the Minister setting out the relationship between the refugee and the person who is the subject of the application, as well as the domestic circumstances of that person.

For further information, please click on the links below or on the sidebar:

Can I apply?

Who can I apply for?

The Process

How to apply

Required Documents


ORAC's remit



^ Back to top